Thursday, November 4, 2010

naps

So C is 6 weeks old!!! Hard to believe. This means I only have 6 more weeks to go on maternity leave!! Crazy and I can't imagine going back to work, even though I know millions and millions of moms go back to work everyday. We have a great babysitter lined up, but I'm sure she won't hold and play with C like I do. It just breaks my heart even if I have a long time before I actually have to deal with this.

But on to what I am dealing with now, we have a beautiful 6 week old. She sleeps great at night, but for some reason just doesn't want to take more than a catnap. I feel like I have tried everything. I swaddle her, I watch for her signs of being sleepy, I make sure she has a fresh diaper, etc, etc. But she still seems to fight almost every nap. I feel bad because then when daddy gets home, she is exhausted from being awake the MAJORITY of the day and goes to sleep early pretty much as soon as daddy gets his hands on her. He must be cozier than I am. I think if she would take a decent nap or 2 (more, but i don't want to ask too much) she would sleep through the night. We are getting a nice 5-6 hours, but its from 7:45 or 8:30 to 2 or 3 AM. Then she gets up about 5 or 6. Oh well, I will keep trying with the naps, especially because I am sure her babysitter is going to need some time without sweet C!!! So here is too miss C improving her naps!! Happy November!!

No comments: